Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Assignment 2(HRM) My future Job!

In our world today, from the level of our education you will be able to play an active role in planning and directing your future jobs. In my case, I have a lot of desired careers that I want to achieve for the future. There are a lot of jobs exists today and among those jobs, I choose what job I would like to have in the future. But using our own way of thinking, if you are in a high level of education, you can imagine or think a job that never yet exists. I, as a third year IT student, I can hereby say that I am capable or has the knowledge to develop my own job that haven’t yet exist except on my mind. Speaking of future, all of us have no idea of what our future is, but we can guide or lead our right way from the present to the future by management. Managing our time, actions and the way we does in order to have an idea of what will be our future.

Here are some guidelines on developing you future job:

1. Analyze your current/future lifestyle. Are you happy with your current lifestyle? Do you want to maintain it or change it? Be sure to identify the key characteristics of your ideal lifestyle.
2. Analyze your likes/dislikes. What kinds of job do you like? Think of a job that fit for you.
3. Analyze your passions. Reflect on the times and situations in which you feel most passionate, most energetic, most engaged.
4. Analyze your strengths and weaknesses. Step back and look at yourself from an employer's perspective. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Think in terms of work experience, education/training, skill development, talents and abilities, technical knowledge, and personal characteristics.
5. Analyze your definition of success. Spend some time thinking about how you define success. What is success to you: wealth, power, control, contentment…?
6. Analyze your personality. Are you an extravert or an introvert? Do you like thinking or doing? Do you like routines or change? Do you like sitting behind the desk or being on the move? Take the time to analyze yourself first, and then take one or more of these self-assessment tests.
7. Analyze your dream job. Remember those papers you had to write as a kid about what you wanted to be when you grew up? Take the time to revert back to those idyllic times and brainstorm about your current dream job; be sure not to let any negative thoughts cloud your thinking. Look for ideas internally, but also make the effort to explore/research other careers/occupations that interest you.
8. Analyze your current situation. Before you can even do any planning, clearly and realistically identify your starting point.

http://www.quintcareers.com/career_plan.html



By the guidance of our HRM facilitator, we are tasked or assigned to develop a Job Description for a job we would like to hold. If you just expand your mind about your learning from the day you start learning until today, you can think a future job you would like to be. By looking forward into the future, you should expect that the job you will create is in a high demand. In my side, I expanded my knowledge on how can I create a job for the future that is best and right for me and would help other people. I don’t think if my chosen job that popup in my mind already exist or not, but I know that among those millions of job exists that are IT related I can definitely say that the job description that I will develop is also related to some of those jobs. This is the job that I really want to be in the future and I think that this job fit for me. The job description that I would like to become in the future is… Software Developer!

This is one of my dreams that someday in the future I could develop my very own unique software that would help technological enhancement and can be useful in the future especially to IT world. I choose this kind of job I want to be in the future because I was amazed by different software exists nowadays, and how those things help me and everyone. I choose to become an educated IT person because I want to experience or want to know what is behind in the world of technology that is definitely a parner of our daily lives.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment